During this recruiting event, you will learn more about 2020 Census jobs. You will get assistance on your application from a US Census Bureau representative. If you have already submitted an online application, you do not need to attend this event. Applicants need to arrive by 5:15pm.
The U.S. Census Bureau is currently hiring for temporary, flexible part-time jobs. No resumes or cover letters are required to apply. The pay range is $25 - $31 per hour!
To be eligible, you must:
• Be at least 18 years old
• Be a U.S. citizen
• Have a valid Social Security number
• Have a valid, working email address
• Be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying exemption, if you are a male born after Dec. 31, 1959.
• Be a non-citizen who can read, write, speak English and another language (For work as a non-citizen translator on an as-needed basis)
Note: Earned income from temporary Census Bureau work shall be excluded from eligibility and benefit determinations from now until September 30, 2020 for the following:
• Section 8/ NYCHA residents
• ADC-R and the SSI-R Medicaid recipients
• Currently enrolled Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program [SNAP] recipients
• Temporary Assistance for Needy Families [TANF] recipients
• Home Energy Assistance Program [HEAP] recipients
Speak to your case worker or program counselor to verify census income exclusion.