Registration for NYC Food Handler Certification at Pacific Library
NYC food handler certification is necessary for all food handlers in the retail food service and hospitality industries who are involved in the preparation, storage or handling of food. This certification is awarded after successful completion of the four trainings and passing the NYCDOH exam.
Topics covered in the (1) week training class:
- Causes of foodborne illness and ways to prevent it
- Time and temperature controls
- Cross contamination
- Job readiness skills
- Mon., March 30th 10AM - 3PM
- Wed., April 1st 10 AM - 3PM
- Fri., April 3rd 10AM - 3PM
- Mon, April 6th 10AM - 1PM
Class Location: Pacific Library - 25 4th Avenue, 2nd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11217
- Must be employed or seeking employment in the food industry.
- 18 years of age or older
- Ability to meet TABE reading placement test requirements
- Must attend all 4 class sessions
- All materials and exam fee are FREE
Registration is required! Must bring copies of a resume and photo ID.
To enroll, you must attend one of the following registration sessions at Pacific Library:
Monday, March 2nd at 10:30 AM
Monday, March 9th at 10:30 AM
Monday, March 16th at 10:30 AM
Please allow for 2.5 hours to complete registration and testing.
For more information, call 718-622-4460 ext. 5 or email email@example.com.