If you're a teen volunteer (ages 12-18), you can help librarians read aloud to children and assist with all kinds of cool youth programs.
- Read aloud to children, using the dialogic reading method.
- Assist staff in planning, conducting, and evaluating children's programs (i.e. arts and crafts/drawing and painting, puzzles and games).
- Introduce children to appropriate children and teen websites.
- Act as community liaison by promoting programs and services in the library.
- Create book displays.
- Assist staff with special library projects and programs.
- A friendly manner and a strong commitment to working with children.
School Year Book Buddies are asked to make a minimum commitment of two to three hours per week, for a period of at least three months.
Summer Book Buddies are asked to make a minimum commitment of three to nine hours per week, for a period of least three weeks. (only available July and August). Summer Book Buddies are interviewed at the branch level. Please visit your local library for information and application.
How to Apply
Complete an Online Application