Brooklyn Public Library offers educators a wide array of resources and services, both in our neighborhood branches and online. We encourage you to make BPL a partner in your classroom!
What can BPL do for you?
- Arrange for your students to visit a branch or the Brooklyn Collection.
- Sign students up for library cards.
- Take advantage of fine-free and extended borrowing privileges for educators!
- Access our many online Research and Learning resources (library card may be required).
- Attend free, high-quality workshops and seminars at the Library throughout the school year, available to all educators.
- Earn qualifying credit towards the New York State Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) 100 hours requirement.
- Book a librarian for library orientations and card drives, booktalks and research lessons, professional development for educators, workshops for parents, and more! All sessions offered free of change at your school.
- Download a full menu of school outreach services.
- Learn about the suite of educational services offered by our Brooklyn Connections team.
- Send any school outreach questions to our Ask A Librarian service.
Events & Classes
Where the Animals Go: Tracking Wildlife with Technology in 50 Maps and Graphics 6:30 pm, Leonard Library
- Fiction for Kids
- Caldecott Award Winners
Learning & Resources
- New & Notable