Brooklyn Public Library offers educators a wide array of resources and services, both in our neighborhood branches and online. We encourage you to make BPL a partner in your classroom!
What can BPL do for you?
- Arrange for your students to visit a branch or the Brooklyn Collection.
- Sign students up for library cards.
- Take advantage of fine-free and extended borrowing privileges for educators!
- Access our many online Research and Learning resources (library card may be required).
- Attend free, high-quality workshops and seminars at the Library throughout the school year, available to all educators.
- Earn qualifying credit towards the New York State Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) 100 hours requirement.
- Book a librarian for library orientations and card drives, booktalks and research lessons, professional development for educators, workshops for parents, and more! All sessions offered free of change at your school.
- Download a full menu of school outreach services here.
- Learn about the suite of educational services offered by our Brooklyn Connections team.
- Send any school outreach questions to our Ask A Librarian service.
Events & Classes
1st Annual Friends of the Red Hook Library Community Flea Market Fundraiser10:00 am, Red Hook Library
Story Exchange Workshop: Building Empathy Through Narrative12:00 pm, Central Library, Info Commons Lab
Cartooning and Graphic Novel Workshop with Aaron Southerland2:00 pm, Brooklyn Heights Library
- Fiction for Kids
- Caldecott Award Winners
Learning & Resources
- New & Notable