In 1909, southeast Brooklyn's Canarsie Library first opened as a deposit station with a small collection of books. Since joining the Brooklyn Public Library system in 1932, the branch has twice moved to larger spaces in response to high demand for its services. Today, though it resides on a fairly quiet stretch of Rockaway Parkway, Canarsie Library is anything but sleepy. Expanded hours at the library—made possible in the fall of 2014 by increased investment from the mayor and city council—have led to a boost in attendance. Canarsie Library's popular programs include quarterly ESOL classes and the Immigration Consultation and Legal Services sessions provided by Immigrant Justice Corps.