Founded as a deposit station in 1908 by the Mother's Kindergarten Club of PS 134 and the Kensington Improvement League, Kensington quickly outgrew two locations before becoming a full-fledged branch on McDonald Avenue in 1912. When it again needed more space, in 1960, it moved, to a former catering hall known as "the Manor"—which was leased and renovated, arousing national media interest. Kensington Library moved again in November of 2012 to its newly built, environmentally friendly facilities located on 18th avenue. Today, through Kensington's wide range of information resources, diverse material and special programs for all ages, its staff members look forward to serving the neighborhood for generations to come.
A Virtual Travel Tour in New Zealand (Part 1) with Librarian Shirley! 2:00 pm, Kensington Library