The original Sheepshead Bay Library opened August 22, 1903, after area residents lobbied for their own branch and raised $200 as a down payment on its maintenance. The branch’s location on East 14th Street is its fourth; the Sheepshead Bay Library that patrons know and love has served the community in its 7,475-square-foot facility since 1963.
As demand has risen for Sheepshead Bay Library’s programs and materials, particularly its large multilingual collections, the branch has responded with creative programming and excellent customer service.
Russian Literature Club. Клуб приглашает всех любителей литературы и поэзии!12:00 pm, Sheepshead Bay Library